To register to attend the Spring 2015 Fight Club “Kick-off” event click here.
What is Fight Club?
Fight Club is a 12-week journey where men are required to complete weekly challenges within the context of community and accountability.
A 3-strike rule applies to all challenges. These challenges change weekly and cover spiritual, relational, and physical assignments, along with Scripture memory and many opportunities to try something new, sometimes intimidating, sometimes just-for-fun. As a precursor to any weekly assignments, men who join are asked to sign the Fight Club Creed and commit to living by the Fight Club Guidelines.
OK, WHY FIGHT CLUB?
It’s no secret that the disappearance of the Man is a cultural epidemic, affecting our homes, schools, workplaces, churches, and communities. With increasing desperation, the Church is working to remedy this, but many of our churches, despite their best efforts, are still failing to reach men. That’s because many methods used by churches are missing these indispensable masculine ingredients:
CAMARADERIE. COMPETITION. CHALLENGE.
These things run in our blood. From boyhood, this is our native language. Every man intrinsically “gets” these and Fight Club employs these concepts to accomplish our mission to:
AWAKEN Christian men from mediocrity, STRENGTHEN them emotionally, intellectually, physically and spiritually, RESURRECT true masculine community and MOBILIZE them for maximum impact in their families, churches and communities.
The name FIGHT CLUB comes from Nehemiah 4:14:
“After I looked things over, I stood up and said to the officials, the nobles, and the rest of the people, “Do not be afraid of them. Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons and your daughters, your wives and your homes.”
Click here to find out more.
(This registration only signifies that you intend on attending the “Kick-off” event…. you will have the opportunity to officially register afterwards if you choose to accept the challenge)
Fight Club Creed
1. I will shamelessly stand for Jesus Christ in word and action.
2. I will fight to hell and back for my family and home.
3. I will lead and be led. In the absence of orders I will take the lead to accomplish the mission. I will not leave any
4. I will never quit or run from my enemy or my responsibilities. If I get knocked down I will get back up…there will always be fight left in me until I die.
5. I will work harder than anyone else to be stronger physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.
6. My word is my bond – with honor, character, compassion, strength and courage I WILL follow through.
7. As a tender warrior I will keep my soul refreshed, fully alive, and balanced.
8. I will battle injustice in our world defending the helpless, overlooked, and abused, so that freedom can reign.
9. My training is never complete – I commit to a life-long pursuit of excellence, creativity, innovation, and godliness.
10. I will bravely and relentlessly carry the name of Jesus Christ and the proud tradition of the heroes of my faith
until death falls on me or Jesus takes me home.
11. I voluntarily accept the hazards of my calling – I will not whine, complain or make excuses for my life, but will write a new legacy of hope and victory.
12. I will not talk about fight club but will live out this creed with my action – I will never be “that guy”.